Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Aug/Sept Cliff Notes

So, my travels post-Covecrest changed up a bit... I stayed at Covecrest until August 11th. Then, I went to Atlanta for a few days, and then to Orlando. I then popped over to St. Petersburg and Brandon, FL to visit friends (lovely times!) and then back to Orlando... and then arrived in Boca on August 15th. fun fun.

Since I've been home, I have gotten really really sick. It started off as just allergies... and then it became a sinus infection... and then it escalated into an upper respiratory infection. It's now been 3 weeks of this mysterious plague... and 3 doctors appointments and 3 rounds of antibiotics later, I am *finally* starting to feel better.

While I was in Atlanta, I interviewed for a job at a church in Marietta, GA. I got really excited about this job, and a week after I got home, they called me and offered it to me. After taking almost a week to think and pray about it, I [gratefully] turned down the job. You might be questioning my sanity... but I promise that it's for the best.

Now, I am going through a existential breakdown... (which has been insinuated somewhat by the absurd amount of medications that have been flowing through my body in the recent weeks... I'm convinced.) I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my life... I thought my life's passion was to pursue a career in Youth and/or Young Adult Ministry... I thought I would end up with a job at a Church, planning and coordinating events and everything else for a youth group or something along those lines.

Ends up that I really have no clue as to what I want to do... the more I think about it, the more I want to pursue ministry as just that... a ministry. As in, not a job. I want to work with teens/kids/adults/college kids on a voluntary basis.... well, I think. My opinion might change at any time, really.

It's a weird circle, really. I keep running around and trying to figure out this thing called life. I want to make the most of the time I've got and the talents I've been blessed with.

Recently, I have realized my love of photography... however, since I have never actually had any training, I have never even considered it as an option of something to pursue as anything more that a fun little hobby. So, I am kind of exploring that a bit at the moment.

I'm proud to say that I have now done Engagement pictures for 4 couples and I have photographed at 2 weddings. I have done short sets of portraits for over 20 people and I have been a staff photographer for a summer camp. My work is published on a website that is viewed worldwide.

...but, as cool as that is, I don't know how I feel about this. Photography was always a very personal thing for me, and I am not used to having to show all of my stuff and have it critiqued. I was always doing it for my own personal enjoyment of capturing moments. So, this is a whole new world to me.

So, I am currently unemployed. I am finally taking some time to just BE. I don't know what to do with myself, really. I am taking this time as an opportunity to relax and recharge myself. I know that there is a plan for me... and I haven't figured it out yet, but I am certain that when I do, all of this anxiety and worry will be a distant memory.

Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home