Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Weekend Update

Re: the title of this post...
Oh, I miss SNL. So sad.

Well, let's see... let me fill you in about my weekend.

I spent the better part of last week kinda cleaning off my desk. I had all these little projects that I started during the first half of camp and I never got around to finishing them because it's... well... camp. My "free" time virtually disappears when we have campers here. Which is fine... but it was really great to get all of that done.

Then, I went to Atlanta for the 4th of July - that was a nice break.

Towards the end of the week, I was helping out with a fundraising campaign we're doing for Covecrest. My tasks involved heavy usage of Google Maps and the United States Postal Service websites - basically, I checked Zip Codes and City Names and Street Addresses. :)

So, Friday was a "culmination" day of sorts... I finished helping with the fundraising mailing, I was almost done with clearing my desk, and I was looking forward to a laid-back weekend. Saturday night, I went out to dinner with the Summer Staff... it was fun. I'm thankful that I've been able to spend time with them during the beginning of their time here. It's hard being the second group to come in... you know that another group of people with the same role as you have already been there, done that... you know? I just want to help them adjust and prepare as best I can.

Sunday was fun fun fun! Our wonderful friends - the Smith Family - opened their home to us once again. Fr. J celebrated Mass for us in the beautiful and peaceful front yard and we enjoyed lunch together before heading over to NC (yeah yeah!! I'm startin to believe that crossing state lines is SO my favorite activity during my time at Covecrest!!) to hang out at the beach. We all took turns going out on Tom and Pat's (more friends of Covecrest) Pontoon (spelling?) boat. Good times. Some lovely pictures from that.



Pretty, huh? Then, we headed back to the Smith's for dinner and then back to camp. Then, I chilled with Christina (one of my roomies) and watched "The Perfect Man" while I made bracelets. Good times. I also watched "Head Over Heels" again.... I enjoy that movie. Even though the crazy/silly plotline gets kinda old, I still melt during the "hopeless romantic"-friendly footage. ::sigh::

So, that's about it.
Today, we had Mass, then breakfast, then a brief Staff meeting... and then I headed over to the Clayton Post Office - quite possibly my most frequented place (yes, I go there even more than I go to Walmart - shocked?) and mailed off some toys that were left behind at camp. And, the groups started showing up right away. The Rules Skit that the Summer Staff does is REALLY funny, but I don't think the campers can appreciate all the humor because they can't hear all of it. We'll have to work on that for next week. I recorded the whole thing - I can't wait to watch it. (You see, I never saw them practice it, so their first live performance for campers was also my first viewing!) :)

And now, I am getting kinda sleepy, but I want to go home and work on some more bracelets - Monday night is kinda my only "free" night. But... it's a new week... so, who knows? We'll see how that works out. :/

p.s. I am LOVING the mail that some of you are sending. I can't tell you how it absolutely brightens my day. So, if you feel so inclined, I would LOVE LOVE to receive some mail from you! :D

25 Falls Drive
Tiger, GA 30576

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home