Rafting!
I completely forgot!!
I went rafting this past Thursday! It was great!
I, unfortunately, don't have any pictures... because, I was not there to take any... lol. And, the Outfitter's Picture CD costs upwards of $75.... so, yeah. No pictures to prove it... but I've got plenty of sore muscles to remind me of it!
It was just one other person and the guide in the raft with me. Crazy. So, we paddled.... hard. I knew I was stronger than the other rafter, so I worked hard so that we wouldn't have to keep getting stuck on rocks (because the river is so low).
So, you can't see the actual rapid (called Bull Sluice, by the way), but this is a picture of the end of that Class 4 rapid:

There are, however, pictures of the campers going down that rapid on the Covecrest blog... so, you can just go check that out! (The link is in the right column at the top of the page!) :)
This is a sample of what my weekly hikes to the river looked like.... lots and lots of slippery rocks.

Alrighty... I'm off to finish my project! Woo!
I went rafting this past Thursday! It was great!
I, unfortunately, don't have any pictures... because, I was not there to take any... lol. And, the Outfitter's Picture CD costs upwards of $75.... so, yeah. No pictures to prove it... but I've got plenty of sore muscles to remind me of it!
It was just one other person and the guide in the raft with me. Crazy. So, we paddled.... hard. I knew I was stronger than the other rafter, so I worked hard so that we wouldn't have to keep getting stuck on rocks (because the river is so low).
So, you can't see the actual rapid (called Bull Sluice, by the way), but this is a picture of the end of that Class 4 rapid:
There are, however, pictures of the campers going down that rapid on the Covecrest blog... so, you can just go check that out! (The link is in the right column at the top of the page!) :)
This is a sample of what my weekly hikes to the river looked like.... lots and lots of slippery rocks.
Alrighty... I'm off to finish my project! Woo!
1 Comments:
At 11:57 AM, July 30, 2007 ,
Anonymous said...
Woo!! I shall now refer to you as Rapid Girl!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home