Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

One down... seven more to go.

Yes, the first video was completed on Saturday morning (yesterday).. I won't even mention the actual hour. ha!

It turned out ok. It's 12 minutes long - longer than I anticipated. Not my best work, but I'm ok with how it turned out.

Today, the Summer Staff (as well as a few of us Miscellaneous Camp Staffers) were invited to Stephen and Mary Smith's home in Hiawassee (about 30 minutes away) to spend some quality time resting and relaxing. It was lovely. Stephen and Mary have a son named Matt - some of you might know him as the LifeTeen.com webmaster and a former castmember on MTV's Real World New Orleans.

One of my favorite memories from today was his Mom busting out the tapes from the show. She would fast-forward through them to find the parts where her son was talking or doing something cool. Very fun.

Then, we were taken over to one of their friends' homes. This lake-front home was a gorgeous, 2-story with a basement, porch, pool, hot tub, and small sunning dock (outfitted with 2 jetskis). I rode on a jetski for the first time... and I drove one for the first time, too! I had such a blast! :)

A view from the lake house:


Some of you will be excited to hear that I am starting to get some color on my arms. I am still so very fair... it's a little sad when people find out that I am from Florida. My legs are getting bit up by the friendly mosquitoes, so I am extremely hesitant to wear shorts... which makes it difficult to get any kind of color on them. :(

Tonight, we had Community Dinner to welcome this upcoming week's Host (Mike Gormley - aka Gomer) and Musician (Ben Walther) and Ben's beautiful wife and three daughters. It was a lovely night - with the exception of the swarm of flies that somehow made it into the kitchen. But, it was a good night with good food and good people.

Tomorrow, camp starts up again! Please pray for us! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home