Camp Ramblings and Pirates.
Camp starts tomorrow and it feels like there are just not enough hours.
Weirdly enough, everyone seems relatively calm.
I'm not.
The camera I have been given to use has a non-operative White Balance feature. For those of you who don't know the significance of this problem, let me put it this way: all the footage I will shoot will either be grainy and dark or super bright with dull colors. NO GOOD.
I can't put Life Teen's name on that.
I promise the first week's (and most likely the second, too) video will be terrible. I will be trying to get a handle on this equipment and get used to my surroundings. :(
In happier news, I got to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End last night at the Tiger Drive-In (http://www.tigerdrivein.com).
It was Hot Rod Night, so there were a bunch of classic cars there... it was pretty neat. But, the craziest part of the evening was right as the movie was starting... one of the classic cars apparently didn't put on their Emergency Brake... and it started to roll down the tiny hill between rows of the parked cars... and it stopped - smack dab in the middle of the front of a minivan. It smashed up the front hood and a police officer came a little after the movie started and filled out an accident report and then both parties left. Too bad for the kids - they missed a good movie.
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie again, but I'd like to see it in an actual theater next time. Any takers? ;)
Weirdly enough, everyone seems relatively calm.
I'm not.
The camera I have been given to use has a non-operative White Balance feature. For those of you who don't know the significance of this problem, let me put it this way: all the footage I will shoot will either be grainy and dark or super bright with dull colors. NO GOOD.
I can't put Life Teen's name on that.
I promise the first week's (and most likely the second, too) video will be terrible. I will be trying to get a handle on this equipment and get used to my surroundings. :(
In happier news, I got to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End last night at the Tiger Drive-In (http://www.tigerdrivein.com).
It was Hot Rod Night, so there were a bunch of classic cars there... it was pretty neat. But, the craziest part of the evening was right as the movie was starting... one of the classic cars apparently didn't put on their Emergency Brake... and it started to roll down the tiny hill between rows of the parked cars... and it stopped - smack dab in the middle of the front of a minivan. It smashed up the front hood and a police officer came a little after the movie started and filled out an accident report and then both parties left. Too bad for the kids - they missed a good movie.
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie again, but I'd like to see it in an actual theater next time. Any takers? ;)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home