Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

No, I didn't need that hand.



Yesterday, we finished up our skills verification and certification for our High Ropes Challenge Course (see above). It was awesome learning all the rules and criteria for each element that we feature at Covecrest, but I am thankful that it is over.

On Tuesday, before the actual "testing" days, we were practicing facilitating the Giant Swing, and I volunteered to be the person responsible for collecting the P-cord, which is what we use to keep a hold on the pulley that attaches to the participant and brings them up high so they can swing...

Well, I was doing *too good* a job of keeping a grip on that P-cord (also called a "lazy line"), and this is what happened...



It's healing now, and I have most comfortable use of my hand back, but I am not back to normal yet.... it's just a matter of time. :)

Tonight, we are babysitting the community kids so that their parents can go out for a little bit of fun.

This week is going to get crazy, but I am ready!

Oh, and TODAY is my parents' 34th Wedding Anniversary! How cool is that?!

Mom and Dad, I love you both very very much! Have a wonderful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home