Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Who wants to play H-O-R-S-E??

We went to St. Mark's last night - good times.

Part of what we are doing as volunteers is introducing some outdoor physical activities to keep the teens entertained before everything starts up.

Last night, we decided to kick things off at the basketball court in the back of the Church building. I was the only girl ::shocker, right?::, but I decided I could brush up on my b-ball skills. So, this one guy (Riley) who plays soccer in school and enjoys running on cement without any shoes on - he suggests that we play H-O-R-S-E. For those of you that don't know how this game works, the first person takes a shot from anywhere on the court. If s/he misses, that's it - their turn is over. If s/he makes the shot, the next person has to do the same thing and make it in. If the second (or third, etc.) person misses, they earn a letter (starting with "H" and so on to spell HORSE). The first person to earn all the letters to HORSE loses. We decided to lengthen the game, so we played M-O-N-K-E-Y instead. (Same premise - one extra letter)

Okay, so we played and I started out a little rough, but I had only earned one letter by the time half of the players were left. (That was partly due to the fact that the player before me didn't always make it in... but I DO have skills!!) ;)

Long story short: I won.

It's true. I beat out all the boys (even the one teen who plays basketball at his High School). No one wanted to talk about the game once we went inside. I can't imagine why... Oh, so my fellow interns started calling me Silent but deadly during the game. Ha. My secret? I would take really easy shots, and then when the people that followed had to match me, they would overshoot it or try too hard.

If there is one thing I have definitely learned so far here at Covecrest, it's about keeping things simple and not overcomplicating things.

Simplicity is key, my friends.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home