Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

We found Helen, Georgia!

After all our hard work this weekend for the Board of Directors retreat and meeting, Jason gave us "young folk" the day off. We decided to visit the nearby town of Helen, known for its German theme (buildings, food, etc... everything!). We headed out after attending Mass with the entire group. (I had a wonderful chat with Father Luis - he's awesome.)

Helen was a lot of fun. It was cool seeing mainstream places like Blimpie encased in these ornate fascades that resembled storefronts straight out of Germany (or Germania as I like to refer to it). Actually, it reminded me a lot of the World Showcase in Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort. Ah, memories...

So, we walked around, ate at a place called "The Bavarian Inn" for lunch - and then returned at the end of the day for dessert - homemade apple strudel. Drooling yet? We visited all the little shops located up and down Main Street. Then, we stopped in at "Old Tyme Photos" and got dressed up and took an old-style, sepia-colored, western-themed group shot. So much fun!! We call ourselves "The Wild Bunch" and gave each other names based on how we look in the picture.



Jeremiah is "Lazy Eye Jack." Jason is "Mad Dog." Ron is "Wide Eye McGee." The boys named me "Diamond Daisy" because I was playing poker in the picture (Fun Fact: my hand was a Diamond Full House).

I am off to have dinner and go see the new baby - Samuel Augustine. :D Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home