Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A story about a moose.

I log onto Messenger to get a hold of my contact over at the LIFE TEEN National offices in Mesa, AZ and I read my friend Lauren's away message: "A moose bit my sister once." So, I replied with "I saw a Moose today!"

Let me explain... We went on a road trip to Jasper, GA to visit another camp (much like ours) and we passed a store that had a fake Moose bolted to the roof. Good times were had by all.

The camp we visited today is called Sharptop Cove. It is a YoungLife (www.younglife.org) camp located in Jasper, GA (about an hour and a half away from Tiger) in the Appalachian Foothills. A beautiful place that can host up to 450 guests; Covecrest can host up to about 200, just to give you an idea. Sharptop Cove has had a camp store for a while now, so we thought we would go and check it out for some tips, ideas and inspiration - and that's exactly what we got. :D

During our journey, we passed a "general" store of sorts - a typical country store - that had a big fake moose bolted to the top of it. I am guessing it was there to attract visitors, I suppose. It was quite a sight to see.

Well, time for me to go grab some dinner before our Ladies' Night (every other week, all the women here at Covecrest get together for some fellowship) at 7:30 pm. Good stuff.

Peace out!

p.s. I just re-read this post and realized how lame it was. :D

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home