Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!

Wow! What a week it has been!

We have all sort of been on auto-pilot this week to prepare for the weekend. What's with all the hustle and bustle, you ask?

The National LIFE TEEN Advisory Board is coming to Covecrest THIS WEEKEND for their meeting and retreat. Naturally, we want them to see all that Covecrest has to offer, so we have all been working really hard on lots of projects...

Jason has been working on wrapping up on small side projects and completing the "installation" of our new crucifix across the lake (Pictures of that coming soon, I promise!!). It looks AMAZING! The whole area near the crucufix and the Marian Grotto are lit so people can enjoy the area at night, too.

Chris has been spending time with his family because Michelle is expecting ANY DAY NOW. We will have another newborn around here really soon. He has also been taking care of projects around the office (administrative stuff).

Matthew has been finishing the new shelf and stand for the tabernacle, which is going in the Chapel. Of course, he is still Office manager, so the phone traffic has also been keeping him really busy.

Intern Jason has been working on the new signage for Covecrest. We ordered these MONDOsize decals (and ended up getting them donated - they are worth $500 EACH), so he has been building the actual signs, applying the decals and putting them up so people will figure out how to get here. :)

Intern Jeremiah has been busy wiring the Marian Grotto and the Crucifix area for the lighting. He installed the lights and the whole area looks so beautiful at night - perfect for prayer and reflection.

Chef Ron went to a recertification class for ServSafe and then proceeded to give us all a crash course in Safe Serving Techniques and Rules/Guidelines that we all have to stick to.

What have I been up to? Hmm... I ordered my first Covecrest product - YAY! It is a shiny blue travel mug with the Covecrest logo imprinted in white. We initiated the order because we wanted to present the members of the board with a nice hospitality gift during their stay here at Covecrest. They look great! :D

I also went to Winter Chautauqua (pronouced Shi-Tah-Qua), an annual seminar for Tourism Education. It was held at the Brasstown Valley Resort in Young Harris, GA - which is about 40-45 minutes away. The resort was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I want to go back there to go horseback riding sometime. Lupe and I attended this event (even though it is not exactly the industry we are in) and learned a lot about public relations and communication techniques in an economic field. Interesting stuff.

Oh, and I was asked to help out with Hospitality plans for the visiting board members, so that kept me really busy. I put together this welcome card. On one side, it has "Welcome to LIFE TEEN Covecrest! We are pleased to have you share in God's Creation at Covecrest. We appreciate you and your commitment to LIFE TEEN." printed over a Washout of the Covecrest logo. Then, the entire staff (adults) of the Covecrest community signed (that's Chris, Michelle, Matthew, Lupe, Jason, Melissa, Chef Ron, Jeremiah, Jason and Lisa). On the other side is a beautiful picture of the cross on top of the Chapel with the sun shining from behind it. Underneath that is a quote: "...complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking one thing..." from Philippians 2:2. It looks awesome! Those cards were left leaning on their pillows in their rooms. I should also mention that the entire staff spent all-day yesterday and today making beds and cleaning rooms for our visitors. We provided a prepared bed, a blanket, 2 towels, a washcloth, and two mints (on their pillow, of course!). Oh yeah: we went ALL OUT.

So, I am pooped. I still have to prepare the giftbags for their Covecrest mugs, so I am going to get back to work. Peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home