Insert Catchy Title Here

A recent college grad, currently pursuing photography/dancing/art/event planning/etc/etc... I am also an aspiring professional Argentine Tango dancer. I like all kinds of dancing; mainly Latin styles like Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. I'm a chronic people-watcher and I love watching human interaction. I love telling stories… and I really enjoy smiling.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Good Times with the BOARD!

The Board finished up today... it was a great day! Not because they finished up... actually, I was really bummed when the time came for them to leave for the airport. I had a great time talking with the different members. I was able to share meals with people that I never thought I would even get the opportunity to talk to. I met so many different kinds of people from all over the place, but mostly from Arizona - where the LIFE TEEN Headquarters are located. I shared stories, time, and very fond memories with them, and I was blessed to be affirmed by some people, too. That was INCREDIBLE!

Fun Facts:
* Phil Baniewicz (LIFE TEEN President) and Mark Hart (Bible Geek) look completely different in real life than in their pictures online (http://www.lifeteen.com).
* Mark Hart is hysterical. Enough said.
* Members of the National Board of Directors are real people, too. (I know that sounds obvious, but I got to see how HUMAN and silly they can be.)
* We celebrated Mass on Sunday morning with TWO (count them: TWO) Bishops! Coolness! How often do you get to do that?
* A doctor from Arizona (whom I had never met before this weekend) brought me a gift made by the Pima tribe near Phoenix that he serves. Rock on!
* The LIFE TEEN staff likes their caffeine. :D "Ministry Through Caffeine" - all the way! Woo!


Now, I return to the world of emails, phone calls, messages and websites. It's not so bad, really... I enjoy ministering to people in new and creative ways - even if it includes being courteous and kind over the phone. I even befriended a florist in Gainesville, GA via telephone yesterday!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home