Wednesday Morning
Good morning!
I just got back from Mass in town. We drove into Clayton to attend Mass at St. Helena's Church as a Community for Mass, which we try to do every Wednesday. The priest at St. Helena's is awesome. His name is Fr. Luis and he is a fantastic leader for that Church. He is a wonderful speaker - very charismatic - and an extremely kind-hearted man. I have had the pleasure to speak with him a few times and we discussed our common Spanish heritage - he is from Colombia. Neat guy.
In other news... it is supposed to be 54° here today, but it doesn't feel all that cold, so I am pretty thrilled about that. Yay! :D
I visited the Clayton Post Office today - good times. I was a little nervous about it, because I don't fully know my way around town yet, but I didn't have any problems. Thank goodness. Apparently, there is another Post Office in Tiger and it is supposedly closer to Covecrest.
Other than that, there isn't a whole lot going on with me right at this moment... I am alone in the office, which has its great and not-so-great parts. Chris is with his kids in Atlanta because they are getting tubes put in their ears today. Matthew is in Arizona on a LIFE TEEN National Staff Retreat. It's sorta fun being the only one here... its quiet (with the exception of the phone calls and such) and peaceful, so I can get my work done. Good stuff.
Tonight, I will be joining with the other interns and we are driving to Clarkesville (about 30 minutes away) to St. Mark's Church. This is an outreach that Jeremiah (one of the other Interns) and I started 2 weeks ago when we were the only Interns: we are helping out with their Youth Ministry, which meets Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:00 pm. This Church does not have a LIFE TEEN program, so they function a little differently than what we are used to. Actually, it reminds me a little of how things used to be at Saint Jude before we implemented the LIFE TEEN program 5 years ago. So, we will be meeting with Noah and Andrea (the Youth Ministers at St. Mark) beforehand to discuss ministry. I am really looking forward to it!
I am going to get back to work. Peace.
I just got back from Mass in town. We drove into Clayton to attend Mass at St. Helena's Church as a Community for Mass, which we try to do every Wednesday. The priest at St. Helena's is awesome. His name is Fr. Luis and he is a fantastic leader for that Church. He is a wonderful speaker - very charismatic - and an extremely kind-hearted man. I have had the pleasure to speak with him a few times and we discussed our common Spanish heritage - he is from Colombia. Neat guy.
In other news... it is supposed to be 54° here today, but it doesn't feel all that cold, so I am pretty thrilled about that. Yay! :D
I visited the Clayton Post Office today - good times. I was a little nervous about it, because I don't fully know my way around town yet, but I didn't have any problems. Thank goodness. Apparently, there is another Post Office in Tiger and it is supposedly closer to Covecrest.
Other than that, there isn't a whole lot going on with me right at this moment... I am alone in the office, which has its great and not-so-great parts. Chris is with his kids in Atlanta because they are getting tubes put in their ears today. Matthew is in Arizona on a LIFE TEEN National Staff Retreat. It's sorta fun being the only one here... its quiet (with the exception of the phone calls and such) and peaceful, so I can get my work done. Good stuff.
Tonight, I will be joining with the other interns and we are driving to Clarkesville (about 30 minutes away) to St. Mark's Church. This is an outreach that Jeremiah (one of the other Interns) and I started 2 weeks ago when we were the only Interns: we are helping out with their Youth Ministry, which meets Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:00 pm. This Church does not have a LIFE TEEN program, so they function a little differently than what we are used to. Actually, it reminds me a little of how things used to be at Saint Jude before we implemented the LIFE TEEN program 5 years ago. So, we will be meeting with Noah and Andrea (the Youth Ministers at St. Mark) beforehand to discuss ministry. I am really looking forward to it!
I am going to get back to work. Peace.
5 Comments:
At 1:12 PM, February 24, 2006 ,
Anonymous said...
Hurrah! I am glad to know about this blog, so I can keep up with you more directly than an occasional phone call or letter (both of which I greatly treasure) - and yes, you'll be getting mail from me as soon as I send it, I haven't forgotten about my girl in Tiger!
Speaking of mail, I got yours just now ^_^ You are so very thoughtful and I thank you! I'm not going to say too much though, because I'll save it for the snail-mail (as my roomate Cassandra calls it).
In the meantime, God Bless you and have fun! You are in my prayers
Love, Lauren
At 9:49 AM, February 27, 2006 ,
Anonymous said...
Right now you are probably only 20 minutes away, tops...and it makes me sad that soon you will be a state over later on today. Last night was pretty hefty and I'm sorry if I have changed in a negative way and you are disappointed in me. Like you said last night I am who I am and I cannot change who I am deep down. I have not changed deep down, although I may have changed ideas and certain ways of thinking it does not mean I am a different Hayley. Like you for instance you have changed and I can see that as well but I know that you are the same beautiful person you were when you left. Except you have a glow about you now, like you have found the peace you were looking for. I love you and I am praying for you while you live your new life in Georgia. And dont worry you will be recieveing a package soon enough! ;0)
Godbless and Love Always
Haylers
At 2:35 AM, February 28, 2006 ,
Anonymous said...
Hey Girl!
I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you a lot and praying for you... I hope you're doing well - we need to catch up some time... my cell phone is Verizon, so if you're "In" and get reception, call me... or we can do this the old fashioned way with letters... and on that note...
PS - Check your mail :) XOXO
Love you and miss you! Praying for you...
At 11:11 PM, February 28, 2006 ,
Anonymous said...
Is look like you have a lat to do and no time to sleep and relax to much,enjoy every minute and everything you do with a blessing of god.Sure you will price with joy and bright warmerst days caming.Be kind and helping, and care about your self.As you said, hope learn more about you self and what you want for you future life.Love you and bless you
Maria N
At 11:23 PM, March 02, 2006 ,
Anonymous said...
PS. Wrote you a nice long letter today (finally!) and it'll be on the way by tomorrow. Much love and the hugest friggin hug you can imagine. ;)
Love, Lauren
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home